2010 Board of Directors Candidates Announced
Alexandria, Virginia, February 18, 2009 – SLA has nominated eight candidates to run for election to the 2010 SLA Board of Directors. The candidates were identified by the SLA Nominating Committee, which annually solicits names of potential candidates from the membership, and is responsible for putting together a slate of candidates that has exceptional talent, is professionally diverse, and provides regionally balanced representation.
Members will have several opportunities to hear from and get to know candidates at the SLA 2009 Annual Conference & INFO-EXPO in Washington, D.C. The election will be held electronically in mid-September 2009. The elected candidates will take office on January 1, 2010.
The candidates running for election to the 2010 SLA Board of Directors are:
- Agnes Mattis, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, New York City
- Cindy Romaine, Romainiacs Intelligence Research, Portland, Ore.
- Karen Kreizman Reczek, Bureau Veritas, Buffalo, N.Y.
- Dan Trefethen, The Boeing Company, Seattle, WA
For Chapter Cabinet Chair-elect
- Elizabeth Blankson-Hemans, Dialog, London, U.K.
- Debal C. Kar, The Energy and Resources Institute, New Delhi, India
For Division Cabinet Chair-elect
- Mary Ellen Bates, Bates Information Services, Longmont, Colo.
- Stacey Greenwell, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Ky.
For more information about SLA’s governance practices and leadership, please visit the Board of Directors section of our Web site at http://www.sla.org/content/SLA/governance/bodsection/index.cfm.
Posted by Tom R. (SLA Division Cabinet Chair)