Here is the list of the top 10 things that Library Administrators should know about technology.
1. Technology isn’t as hard as you think it is.
2. Technology gets easier all the time.
3. Technology gets cheaper all the time.
4. Maximize the effectiveness of your most costly technology investment — your people.
5. Iterate, don’t perfect.
6. Be prepared to fail.
7. Be prepared to succeed.
8. Never underestimate the power of a prototype.
9. A major part of good technology implementation is good project management.
10. The single biggest threat to any technology project is political in nature.
For additional detail/explanaation, here’s the entire article.